Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Clemens To Yanks...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clemens To Yanks...

    I doubt the addition of Clemens will make that much of a difference for the Spankees.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clemens To Yanks...

    What makes people write off the Yankees already? Its a slow start, a very slow start, but still the offense is where it should be, the break down in pitching has been the problem. A problem that can and will be addressed. I would venture so far to say that the worry should lay with Boston, I dont see DICE-K holding up all year. Ill say it now, the Yankees win the AL East by at least 4 games.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  3. #13
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clemens To Yanks...

    he is gonna be there a little longer than half a year, the season is barely a month old. Not to mention the Yankees season goes into October [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_Virgil's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2007
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clemens To Yanks...

    Clemens won't help the Yanks.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clemens To Yanks...

    How will he not?
    They are pressed for starting pitchers and he is a pitcher, if he does anything beyond giving them an extra starter, then he has already helped.

    How could Clemens not help any team?
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  6. #16
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clemens To Yanks...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yankeebaseball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he is gonna be there a little longer than half a year, the season is barely a month old. Not to mention the Yankees season goes into October [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>

    You are right, he actually signed a 28 million dollar contract and he will only receive the pro-rated 18.5 million dollars which is a little over 4.5 million per month, all for what? An extra arm. I know Clemens is special, no doubt about that but come on, he can't be worth 4.5 million per month, that is crazy, especially at 44 years old. Maybe at 25 but not 44.

    Do you think he will help out that much? I just feel they could have aqcuired another arm for far less, but it is the Yankees and they have the money. I just think it is funny that they are struggling with a team salary of $214 million dollars, which is double 85% of the other MLB teams, it is all comical to me.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clemens To Yanks...

    I could feel it yankee baseball...i was reading and felt a disturbance in the force. i actually think i heard you yell from high knob.

    But honestly name another pitcher (from the last 30 years) you would rather have on the mound. I mean if he had signed with Boston I would have a Clemens jersey by monday morning.

    If he stays healthy, I think he could help out new york. It seems alot of ppl on the forum are forgetting the last 80 some years of baseball. Yanks always start off slow as Christmas and as bad as I hate to say it ALWAYS catch fire down the stretch.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clemens To Yanks...

    The team isnt really struggling, the pitching is. AROD makes 25 a year, Jeter makes 19 a year, Matsui makes around 13 a year (I think). SO the price tag with CLemens doesnt suprise me, but I assure you that the stigma that comes with him will be unmeasurable. CLemens brings another arm, a proven arm, who has to much pride to come back and not do well, I dont think he would let himself do that, CLemens will also help with the young pitchers we have, who better to bring along young arms than Roger CLemens and Andy Pettite. Dane is right, I have seen the Yankees sweep early series against the SOX and lose em early, its a super long season. Beckett looks like Pedro from the early 2000 right now.

    Honestly, I know many of you do not like the Yanks, that I understand, but Id like to thank all of you guys for talking baseball with me, nothing I love more than baseball, nothing I love more than talking baseball. Its the reason I signed back onto the forum, so thanks fellas.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  9. #19
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clemens To Yanks...

    PLAYER SALARY (US$)
    1. Alex Rodriguez 27,708,525
    2. Jason Giambi 23,428,571
    3. Derek Jeter 21,600,000
    4. Andy Pettitte 16,000,000
    5. Bobby Abreu 15,600,000
    6. Johnny Damon 13,000,000
    7. Hideki Matsui 13,000,000
    8. Jorge Posada 12,000,000
    9. Mike Mussina 11,070,423
    10. Mariano Rivera 10,500,000
    11. Carl Pavano 10,000,000
    12. Kyle Farnsworth 5,666,667
    13. Kei Igawa 4,000,000
    14. Luis Vizcaino 3,000,000
    15. Doug Mientkiewicz 1,500,000
    16. Mike Myers 1,250,000
    17. Miguel Cairo 750,000
    18. Josh Phelps 600,000
    19. Robinson Cano 490,800
    20. Chien-Ming Wang 489,500
    21. Scott Proctor 445,923
    22. Melky Cabrera 432,400
    23. Brian Bruney 395,545
    24. Jeff Karstens 389,495
    25. Darrell Rasner 384,523
    26. Jose Veras 382,475
    27. Wil Nieves 382,150
    28. Sean Henn 382,048
    29. Humberto Sanchez 380,000
    Total Team Salary: 195,229,045

    Here is the 2007 Yankees salary I found. Add in Clemens' 18.5 million and that is a lot.

    I am a yankee hater though [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clemens To Yanks...

    I was a shade off, but still. Match Boston's against that, add in the 50 Mill, to get to talk to Dice K and Id say its pretty close. The Billion dollar deal from the YES network, helps the Yanks. But like STeinbrenner says, all the owners have a lot of money, they arent scraping by, he just chooses to spend his money on his favorite thing, his ball club. And they abide by every rule of the MLB. Boston finally got smart and started doing the same thing, but facts are, the same core players are still there for the Yankees. The pitching makes or breaks you. Since The Sandman was setting up John Wettland, to David COne, to the ROcket, to Andy. Pitching wins, Boston didint get that till they started getting Pedro, Schilling, etc.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •